Imagine my surprise when I saw that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Matthew Wakelee. His recent series of posts about his favourite National Parks certainly bumped a few higher up on my “have to visit” list.
The Liebster Award was created in 2011 to encourage bloggers to discover and promote new and emerging blogs. So, a huge THANK YOU to Matthew: first for following along and secondly for the nomination. It’s really appreciated.
If you are nominated to receive this award and if you accept you must write a post following the rules below:
•Post about the award on your blog
•Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
•Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos
•Nominate 5 – 10 people with fewer than 1000 followers, inform them via social media
•Write your own set of questions for your nominees
•Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on
My responses to Matthew’s Questions
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I had this crazy idea that folks might want to read about the trips that we have taken and the places that we had found.
2. What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
This is a really hard one. I think if I had to pick a place, it would be Montana. I’m itching to get back there again. I’ve spent a lot of time in North Carolina and loved it. And going to The Bahamas for my brother’s wedding was incredible.
3. What place is atop your bucket list?
Ireland but that one will have to be without the dogs. I want to take them to Newfoundland just because I’ve never been.
4. What is your dream job?
Getting paid to blog about travelling with my dogs of course 🙂
5. What is your favorite book?
River Monsters by Jeremy Wade and Feasting on Asphalt: the River Run by Alton Brown are tied for first.
6. What are your favorite things to do when you’re not blogging?
I run and hike with the dogs. And I bake for humans and dogs.
7. Do you travel with children?
I don’t have kids so that’s an easy one.
My nominees are:
- Tails Around the Ranch
- Being Breanna
- Nuggets Drooling
- Traveling Flea Circus
- Marking Our Territory
- Handstands Around the World
My questions to the above nominees are:
- What is the best accidental discovery you’ve ever made?
- If money were no object, what would you do?
- Mountain or plain?
- What is your favourite drink?
- What is the mode of transportation that you prefer?
- Where is one place you’d that you’d recommend we visit?
To my nominees, if you want to participate I can’t wait to read your answers. If not, it’s all good.