So after many days of spotty internet service, I was finally able to catch up and to my shock I learned that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Diana at Handstands Around the World. She has got a great blog and some outstanding photos. Definitely a must read for sure.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring in the blogosphere. I am so honoured that people read about our little adventures and then to be nominated for our first blogging award is just awesome. I’m not going to lie: I had to keep checking to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me. So without further delay:
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
•Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
•Answer the eleven questions set by the person who nominated you
•Nominate eleven other blogs and give them eleven questions to answer
•Notify your nominees
•List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
THANK YOU DIANA!!!!
My answers to Diana’s Questions:
- What is/are your travel goal(s) for 2017?
To take more time! I pick places that are far away and then don’t have enough time to do side trips or to explore the place that we drove all that time to get to.
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I know it’s not really a holiday but I love Hallowe’en. When I was a kid it was for the candy (of course) but I love the dressing up part, although I’m a little dismayed at the almost X-rated costumes for women that I see every single year.
3. Most unique travel destination you’ve visited?
I would have to say that The Bahamas was the most different from what I’m used to. Everything from the land to the “no stress” attitude.
4. What is one off the beaten path location that you recommend for me to visit?
Well now that’s a tough one. Yoho National Park which abuts Banff National Park was amazing and doesn’t seem to draw the same crowds as Banff. The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia is stunning.
5. Share your favorite photo from your travels:
This is one of my favourite photos of the dogs.
6. What is your advice for those trying to get into the world of blogging?
Yikes. I guess to write about what you know and love. Don’t pretend to be something that you’re not.
7. What is your favorite song?
It changes on my mood but right now “Let’s Get Back” by Matt Anderson is getting a lot of play.
8. Worst travel experience ever?
Basically any time I travelled with my family. It was always high-stress.
9. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
I had conch in The Bahamas. Most of the weird stuff that I have eaten, I’ve had at home (chicken feet, sea urchin, tripe) but I want to have gator, rattlesnake, and brain sandwiches. Hopefully I can do that this year.
10. Where are you from, and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
I’m from Ontario, Canada. I think that most people I talk to ask about the snow; even places that get snow want to know about how bad it gets back home.
11. So…what is one important lesson you’ve learned in your travels?
Be flexible and as a part of that, don’t look at things that happen as a negative. It’s all part of the trip.
- Rapetti Review
- Tails Around the Ranch
- Marking Our Territory
- Nomadic Adventurer
- FACE Foundation
- Nugget’s Drooling
Questions to my Nominees:
- Do you prefer solo (or partner) travel or as part of a group?
- What is the one thing you cannot travel without (not including passports and such)?
- What is one place that, in your opinion, everyone just HAS to visit at least once?
- What was your most memorable meal and why?
- What is your preferred method of travel?
- Where is a place close to where you live or that you are from that you would recommend people visit?
- Have you ever felt regret about a place you went to?
- Do you plan out your trips or take a more freestyle approach?
- Is there anywhere that you want to revisit? (where and why)
- What has been your biggest breach of travel etiquette?
- Do you have a travelling mantra?